Firefighters responded to two reports of gas leaks in Dallas Tuesday morning.
The most recent incident took place on the Southern Methodist University Campus where 14 buildings have been evacuated.
The first alert was issued at about 9 a.m. after the strong odor of natural gas was detected along the 3000-block of Dyer near Airline. Dawson Center, Service House and Embry Boulevard were evacuated as a precaution.
A short time later, the Highland Park Fire Department evacuated some homes along McFarlin and Fondren, also as a precaution.
At 9:40 a.m., the school said gas has been turned off to the entire campus while the possible leak is investigated.
Shortly after 10:15 a.m., SMU said more than a dozen buildings have been evacuated including all fraternity houses, some administrative offices and some classrooms in the northeast part of the campus.
At this time, a leak has not been found. Atmos is investigating and trying to confirm the leak.
Gas Leak Near Scottish Rite
Earlier in the morning, Dallas Fire-Rescue responded to a gas leak at about 7:30 a.m. near the Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas where a line was cut with a backhoe. No evacuations of the hospital were necessary and no one was injured.
Dallas Fire-Rescue diverted traffic away from Oak Lawn and Maple avenues for a short time before clearing the scene.
Hospital operations were not impacted by the gas leak.