Sunday, August 26, 2012

'Jersey Shore' star Snooki gives birth to baby boy, Lorenzo Dominic LaValle - @MTV

Looks like the Seaside Heights house just got its latest roomie: "Jersey Shore" star Snooki has given birth to her first child, Lorenzo Dominic LaValle.

Snooki and her fiancé, Jionni LaValle, welcomed their baby boy into the world early this Sunday morning at a New Jersey hospital.

"The world just got another Guido!!!" a rep for Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi told MTV. Lorenzo Dominic LaValle has entered the world weighing 6lbs, 5oz. Nicole, Jionni & Enzo are doing great!"

MTV shared in Snooki's excitement: "We couldn't be happier for Nicole and Jionni on the healthy delivery of their baby boy! We look forward to Lorenzo's first trip to the Jersey Shore and can't wait to see his first animal print onesie."

It's the first child for the couple, who simultaneously announced their engagement and their baby news back in March. From there, the reality starlet and bride-to-be made it known that she wanted to have her baby before walking down the aisle.

"I mean, I do have a dream wedding," she told MTV News in April. "But I definitely don't even want to talk about it or think about it because I'm not even ready for it yet. I just want my baby first."

She also shared at the time that she had already been flipping through baby-name books to pick out just the right name for the baby. In May, Snooki found out she would be having a boy, despite secretly hoping she'd be having a girl.

Though, in the end, Snooki had this message for her bundle of joy: "As long as it's healthy, I'm fine. So if you're a boy, I'll still love you, obviously."

Her pregnancy was later documented on her "JS" spin-off, "Snooki & JWoww," and she joked to us that she hoped her pal would soon have a child or two, that way their kids could one day marry each other. "I want four total, so hopefully, when I have my second, she's ready to have her first, so they can either date and make an offspring together — so they can make a Snooki/JWoww baby," she said. "So, they're either gonna date or be best friends."

The last few months of her pregnancy will also be featured on the next season of "Jersey Shore," which begins airing in October. And while she hung out with her crew by day, she did go back to her own place every night. "[It used to be] Nicole partying, partying, partying, but now she lived next door, so it was different," Pauly D explained. "Well, she had this porch, and then me and Vinny would kick down Snooki's porch [door] every day. We loved that porch. I was there more than my own house."

Leave your well-wishes for Snooki and her new family in the comments below!

Stay with MTV News and MTV's Remote Control Blog for ongoing coverage of Baby Lorenzo.